All runners are expected to have read this manual (updated June 2022) completely. Part of the waiver you sign binds you to agreeing to the terms of this manual. It has much in the way of helpful hints and answers to your questions.
Transparency: Here is our Risk Management Plan. This is the document we refer to for mitigating risks on the course. If you have questions, concerns, or ideas to help improve this document, please contact the race director.
USATF Event Sanction: Please read this document as a participant in our event.
STANDHOPE RACE RULES
- No Whining.
- The Run Director has final authority on any question that may arise during STANDHOPE.
- You must leave each aid station by the posted cutoff time. If you return, IT WILL BE CONSIDERED A DNF.
- No littering.
- No stashing of supplies along the course and no accepting aid except within 400 yards of a designated aid station.
- You have agreed to be pulled for medical and safety reasons if it is determined that such action is in your best interest.
- Aid Station Captains have the authority to act on behalf of Standhope Race management.
- Enjoy yourself!!!!! ON THAT NOTE, NO NUDITY IS ALLOWED ON THE COURSE.
- Pacers may meet their runner at CREW ACCESS AID STATIONS ONLY.
- Parking restrictions apply.
- THE COURSE IS CLOSED. THAT MEANS YOU MUST RUN THE COURSE IN THE ROUTE MARKED BY COURSE MARKINGS.